How to Report a Maintenance Issue

If something in your home is damaged or broken, please report it to WPI as soon as possible. If the problem is not urgent, you can complete our online Maintenance Request and WPI will be notified by email.

You can also contact the office to make a report during business hours: please call 03 96647800 or email [email protected]. There are different response times depending on the nature of the repair.

Please have the following information ready to tell us when you call:

  • Your address
  • A detailed description of the problem
  • Whether you have reported the problem before
  • When a tradesperson can access your property to assess and hopefully fix the problem

WPI has a preferred list of contractors who undertake this work on our behalf.
Our response time depends on how urgent your problem is. Use the guidelines below for information on how your maintenance report will be addressed.

Urgent repairs

Urgent repairs are repairs that need to be fixed straight away (examples noted below). WPI aims to complete any urgent repairs within 48 hours of it being reported.

To report an urgent repair during business hours: please call 03 96647800 or email [email protected].

To report an urgent repair outside of business hours contact Valley Maintenance on 1800 088 106

The following list outlines the types of repairs that are considered urgent:

  • a blocked or broken toilet
  • a dangerous electrical fault or gas leak
  • a serious roof leak, flooding or serious flood damage
  • a failure or breakdown of any essential service such as hot water, water, cooking or heating
  • a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to your home
  • a broken window or any fault or damage that makes your home unsafe or insecure
  • serious fault in a lift


Non-urgent repairs are considered to be more minor, like a damaged cupboard. We’ll get these get these done within 14 days.

Cyclical or Programmed maintenance

This is non-urgent work that’s usually done to improve your home, like replacing old carpets or upgrading your kitchen. This work needs to be planned.

If you ask for some work like this to be done, there’s often a waiting time before we can get started. Speak to our Tenancy and Property Managers about how long you can expect to wait.


When you rent a WPI property, you are not permitted to make changes to the property without WPI’s consent. If you make changes to the property without WPI’s consent, you may have to cover the costs of restoring the property to its former condition.

If you’d like to carry out works (e.g. painting, installing air conditioning) please complete this application and submit it to WPI. If WPI agrees, the works may be carried out at your expense and on the terms and conditions in the form below. Please don’t start doing the work before WPI agrees.


Maintenance Request

Priorities as defined in the RTA.
Please read definitions on the left.
Send a copy